Back to the previous page
A highly desirable and popular groundcover, forming a dense low mat completely covered in lavender flowers throughout summer, attractive fine and fragrant foliage the rest of the season; needs a dry and sunny location, can take light foot traffic
This plant should only be grown in full sunlight. It prefers to grow in average to dry locations, and dislikes excessive moisture. It is considered to be drought-tolerant.
It is highly tolerant of urban pollution and will even thrive in inner city environments. Consider covering it with a thick layer of mulch in winter to protect it in exposed locations or colder microclimates.
- Although not harvested, it is edible. It can be made into teas and other herbal remedies.
- Ideal for gardeners who worry about pets or kids having friendly plants around the yard
- Has tiny hair-covered leaves with small-sized flowers growing in clumps
- Deer and rabbit resistant
- Facilitates pollination to other plants around your garden or yard
- Attracts bees
- Has a nice fragrance